NJ Cannabis Certified provides training for all entry level plant-touching jobs in the cannabis industry, including entry level cultivation, manufacturing, testing lab technician, and dispensary attendant jobs. But you do not need to work in the industry to take this class – it is open to the public – anyone interested in learning more about cannabis and how it interacts with the human body can sign up.
- 5 Modules over 5 nights
- Taught live on Zoom from 6-9pm
- Students are given access to materials via our website and password-protected access into the student portal
- Each class is recorded and posted within the portal
- Completion of the course requires attendance and completion of a short quiz associated with each module
- Students who complete the requirements will receive a certificate from the corresponding College
- The course fee is $500 and you can register by clicking the links below
- Scholarships for financial need available at Mercer County College dates
- Scholarships always available for Veterans
NJ Cannabis Certified is the best way to learn the skills and find the job you are looking for in the cannabis industry. Each Module concentrates on a fundamental topic related to working in the cannabis industry – cannabis cultivation, manufacturing, and dispensing. And since no single person is an expert in each area, we brought together a group of top industry professionals to teach you what they know best. We provide resume and cover letter building support and our instructors will give you the confidence to get that job!
Learn about New Jersey specific rules and regulations, the history of cannabis, the human body’s enodcannabinoid system, the basics of cultivation, cannabis taxonomy and terminology including cultivars and chemotypes, an introduction to processing of manufactured cannabis products and what is available here in New Jersey and elsewhere, advertising, packaging, labeling, and testing requirements, and finally the ins and outs of working in a New Jersey dispensary and how to assist patients in the medical program that have qualifying conditions.
We cover all of the topics listed in the Personal Use Rules and Regulations Administrative Code 17: 30–8.1 and it is our hope that NJ Cannabis Certified will become an approved third-party vendor to provide State mandated training in the future.